Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thinking Critically About Voluntary Benefits--- Still not convinced you should sell CI and Accident?

I have admitted many times before that I am a work in progress when it comes to critical illness and accident policies.  Frankly, there was a time in my career when I thought they were a rip off.  

The past few years, I have seen the power of the pay out of critical illness and how it can really help someone in the time of need.  I have seen the power of the revenue and what agents have done to supplement enrollment services for their clients.  And finally I have seen the 'stickiness' of clients to their agents who consult from a holistic approach in all facets of a benefits plan.  

If you are someone who can't get past the idea that these products are an unnecessary expense to the working folks struggling to pay their employee contribution, the latest trend study from MetLife is a great read.  The fact of the matter is this--you may feel those products aren't necessary but employees do not agree.   Study after study reveals that employees do indeed crave those benefits and agents and employers will do well to deliver these benefits in an organized and structured environment.  

Here is a link to the article and here is a brief recap.  I hope you find it useful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment